TERMS & CONDITIONS
Prop Hire and Event Styling in Sydney
Terms and Conditions for Sydney Prop Specialists
All costs are payable to Sydney Prop Specialists
Costs include all Government and State taxes (including GST), which shall be borne & paid by the hirer.
Sydney Prop Specialists guarantees to the hirer that any variation to the costs will be borne by Sydney Prop Specialists or to the benefit of Sydney Prop Specialists (subject to any requotes, variations or additions) in accordance with the validity of the quote.
Should the event fall on a weekend or public holiday, additional charges will apply to transport & labour costs to allow for holiday & weekend rates.
- Indemnity – The hirer shall indemnify and keep indemnified Sydney Prop Specialists (“SPS”) from any loss, damage or injury however caused from any negligent act, omission or breach of this contract by the Hirer or its agents, which occurs during the event.
- Insurance’s – Sydney Prop Specialists carry public liability insurance to the value of $20,000,000.00. However we recommend that separate “event” insurance be considered to cover against such eventualities as inclement weather, theft, equipment failure and any other unforeseen incidents.
- Loss & Damages – The hirer accepts full responsibility for the condition of all hired items during the hire period or until returned to Sydney Prop Specialists and is liable for any damage incurred, or loss of said items. Repairs of damaged items will not be undertaken without the written authority of Sydney Prop Specialists. All missing items or those damaged beyond repair will be paid for at current retail value. The hirer also acknowledges they have been provided with the authority to act on behalf of the party referred to as the “hirer”,
- Damage Waiver– Sydney Prop Specialists charges a Damage Waiver on all hires. The waiver covers costs associated with normal wear and tear as well as any accidental damage, provided that the replacement cost and/or cost of repairs does not exceed 10% of the hiring fee for that item.The Waiver does not apply to or cover any other damage to or loss of Equipment including, without limitation:
(a) damage resulting from overloading, exceeding rated capacity, misuse, abuse or improper servicing of Equipment;
(b) damage or loss due to disappearance of the Equipment;
(c) damage caused by the use or operation of Equipment in contravention of any of these Terms;
(d) damage to, or loss of, the Equipment from any unknown cause.
- Sundries – Your quote shows the list of items you are hiring. Some of those items may be sundry items – these comprise sub-hires, new props that have not been catalogued or specific off-catalogue items that we are supplying. These sundries are listed in the body of the quote but do not form part of the equipment total. Sundries and equipment totals are shown separately at the end of your quote.
- Copyright – Sydney Prop Specialists owns all intellectual property, including all designs, literary and artistic works, documentation, plans, drawings, specifications, sketches, reports, graphics and logos created by it in relation to the event.
- Confirmation – must be made in writing and forwarding full payment within the designated time period. No products or props should be taken as secure until payments received.
- Payment – Prepayment in full is required unless pre-arranged credit is organised with Sydney Prop Specialists.
- AMEX Surcharge – Amex incurs a 3.5% surcharge. This charge is not shown on your invoice but will be reflected on your card balance. We can put a note on your invoice that a 3.5% AMEX surcharge has been applied if you require it for accounting purposes.
- Force Majeure – In the event of a force majeure (including but not limited to fire, casualty, accident, riot war or other enemy action, strike, lock-out or labour conditions), which prevents the event, the hirer shall pay all amounts contractually owed to Sydney Prop Specialists including all deposits, cancellation fees and other liabilities.
- Cancellation – Cancellations and/or charges must be advised in writing. Cancellations made after written confirmation and payment received will be subject to the following:CONFIRMED JOBS CANCELLED
- Between 7 to 28 days from date of hire: Subject to 20% of the total amount of the hire value
- Between 2 to 7 days from date of hire: Subject to 35% of the total amount of the hire value
- 48 hours from date of hire: Subject to 50% of the total amount of the hire value
- Charities – Being a unique provider of sets, props and event equipment in the Australian events industry, Sydney Prop Specialists is often inundated with charity and sponsorship requests. Sydney Props respectfully gives back to the community in supporting numerous charities and has done so for the last 20 years. Sydney Props has to be selective in taking on any new sponsorship or charitable requests due to the high level of applications received on a daily basis. As such we kindly ask you to submit all enquiries for charitable discounts or sponsorship through the website. To make this submission as easy as possible for you, we ask that you provide the following below in order to be considered for sponsorship or discounts. Sydney Prop Specialists will then consider your application and get back to you in a timely manner to notify you whether your request was successful:
- 1. Please provide evidence that you are a registered charity.
- 2. Please provide full contact information such as the following; Charity, contact person, contact number, contact email.
- 3. Please provide information regarding your event such as the following; date, venue, how many people, style of event.
- 4. Please familiarise yourself with our website and identify which elements you are interested in for your event.
- 5. Please provide event timings such as the following; in time, event start time, bump out time.
- 6. Please provide information as to how Sydney Props Specialists will be promoted as a sponsor of your event.
- 7. Please provide any other additional information you think will help your applications.